Infection Control Statement
We aim to keep our surgery clean and tidy and offer a safe environment to our patients and staff.
If you have any concerns about cleanliness or infection control, please report these to our Reception staff.
Our GPs and nursing staff follow our Infection Control Policy to ensure the care we deliver and the equipment we use is safe.
We take additional measures to ensure we maintain the highest standards:
- Encourage staff and patients to raise any issues or report any incidents relating to cleanliness and infection control. We can discuss these and identify improvements we can make to avoid any future problems.
- Carry out an annual infection control Audit to ensure our infection control procedures are working.
- Provide annual staff update and training on infection control through Bluestream and or e-learning.
- Review our policies and procedures annually to ensure they meet national guidance. All staff can access these on the practice shared drive.
- Maintain the premises and equipment to a high standard within the available financial resources and ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to reduce or remove infection risk
- Use wipe able ,disposable materials where possible and ensure that these are changed / cleaned frequently to minimise risk of infection
- Make alcohol hand rub gel available throughout the building
It is the responsibility of each individual to be familiar with this statement and their roles and responsibilities under this.
Responsibility for review
The Infection Prevention and Control Lead and the Practice Manager are responsible for reviewing and producing the Annual Statement.
Matthew O’Malley (Practice Manager)
Keris Rhodes (Practice Nurse)