PPG's Current Role
At the present time, most of the GP practices in North Derbyshire CCG have PPG's in some form or another. Some of these PPG's just provide support as requested by the practice, for example:
- Setting up information events for patient to attend.
- Finding and providing written information for patients who want to take away more information following their consultation with the GP.
- Organising voluntary car schemes for patients who have trouble getting to the practice.
Other groups are working much more in partnership with the practice staff, for example:
- Jointly discussing the feedback from the patient’s survey and planning how improvements might be made.
- Brining groups of patients together to discuss planned changes to surgery buildings or new builds.
- Organising public meetings to discuss changes such as merging two or more practices and dealing wth the retirement of one or more of the partners.
- Feeding back concerns expressed by patients where services were not effective or coming up with suggestions that could lead to saving money, for example where things are being duplicated.
Some groups are a little more challenging:
- Checking out why the practice is not offering the same kind of services as another practice E.G. 'DHSCS' or Extended Hours.
- Negotiating Different opening and closing times within the hours already being offered that better suit the patients.
- Providing feedback from patients on ways to improve the surgery.
If YOU would like to be involved in any of this then come along to our next meeting