Show Side Menu
To view, print or save our practice booklet, click here
Stay Well Derbyshire
Call 111 - When it is less urgent than 999
Useful Resources

PPG - Minutes

 

W P P G

The Wheatbridge Patients’ Participation Group

 

Minutes of the WPPG Meeting held on 22 October 2019

 

Present:     Ian Edmundson   Sue Ottowell     
  Mavis Plater    Sheila Smith
  Aileen Dawson-Pilling  Mike Little     
  Tony Pope  Ruth Ludford 
  Roy Falconer       Spencer Hoskin  
  Dr S Savage    Amanda Raybould  
  Tracey Lawson       
     
Apologies: Judith Stanley   Linda Clarke
  Philip Abbott      Carole Sadler 
  Ruth Elliott  
  1. Welcome and Introductions

    Sue welcomed everyone to the Meeting in Judith’s absence.

     

  2. Minutes of Previous Meeting

    The minutes of the meeting on 23 July 2019 were agreed as a true and correct record.

     

  3. Feedback from Group Reps

    Ian had attended the Chesterfield PPG network meeting on 8 October 2019 and the Joined up Care Derbyshire meeting on 11 September 2019.  Attached is the feedback from these meetings.

    Sue thanked Ian.

     

  4. Items from the suggestion box

    There was one anonymous suggestion requesting more information regarding the appointments that are available at Avenue House Surgery for the people who do not have access to computers.

    Amanda will ask Matt if it is feasible to have some leaflets regarding this.  If this is not possible a poster will be put up in reception regarding this Service.

    Sue thanked both Spencer and Tracey.

     

  5. Patient Survey

    The questionnaire had been agreed with the Partners.  It was agreed to do the survey Monday, 18 November 2019 to Friday, 22 November 2019.  Tracey will send the rota via email for members to complete their availability and will ring the members who are not on email.  A completed rota will then be sent to members.

    It was agreed to put some surveys on the reception desk during this week for the receptionists to hand out.

    Amanda will check with Matt whether it is possible to send the survey to patients electronically as it is not feasible to post them.

    Sue Ottowell very kindly agreed to collate the results again.

    Tracey will print the surveys off and make sure that reception staff are aware this is taking place and to expect members of the WPPG in the waiting areas.

  6. Any Other Business

    Ian asked if the pre diabetic group sent letters back to the Practice regarding attendance.

    Dr Savage advised him that we should receive a letter from them and that it would get scanned onto patients’ records.

    Ruth asked about the availability of phlebotomy appointments at the Surgery.

    Amanda explained that due to holidays there had been a shortage of phlebotomy appointments but hopefully this has resolved now.  Dr Savage did say that if a GP felt a patient needed a blood test doing urgently they could always book it in with the phlebotomist themselves rather than the patient making an appointment.  Amanda also pointed out that phlebotomy appointments are available on a Saturday morning at Avenue House Surgery (The Hub) but patient’s need to collect the blood form from the Surgery to enable to phlebotomist to take the blood.

  7. Date of next meeting

    The next meeting will take place on Tuesday, 14 January 2020 at

    12.00 noon.

    Sue thanked members for attending.  

    The meeting closed at 1.15pm.

  8. additional attachments

Chesterfield PPG Network Minutes

Joined Up Care Derbyshire Minutes

Share

Your Neighbourhood Professionals. Just a Click Away! Don
Equilibrium Massage Therapy